Work Visa in Australia

On this page is how to get the right work visa in Australia.

Whether you are studying or travelling in Australia, you may need to get a job.

You can work limited hours on a student visa, but you are not allowed to work on an Australian Visitor Visa. So what to do if you want to work? You have to apply for a visa that allows you.

Model Jet Over US Passport and Foreign Currencies
Poster by AllPosters. Click on thumbnail to buy

Working Holiday Visa Australia

The most popular work visa with young travellers is the working holiday visa for people between 18 and 30 years of age, who want to take a year or two off, travel around Australia, and finance their travels by taking temporary jobs in fruit picking, cattle stations, hospitality...

It's a great way to do it and highly popular!

Harvesting Brussels Sprouts, California, United States of America, North America
Fruit pickers. Poster by AllPosters. Click on thumbnail to buy

Other Kinds of Work Visa in Australia

But what if you are over 30 years old? There is a myriad of other different work visas available. There are visas for professionals, sponsored workers, skilled migration.. and all have different subclasses.

You can read the Australian Government's DIMIA website to find out which one suits you and how to apply for it. You will see that there is a lot to go though, and even if you work out on your own which visa suits your situation, you will see that the application and the paperwork that you have to submit is absolutely overwhelming.

If you are smart, you can save a lot of time and hassle by using a reputable visa agency like Visa First.

 Visa First

At Visa First, they don't only find out for you what visa you should apply for, and make sure you get your visa approved.

They also help you with a lot of other stuff like

* getting you an Australian bank account

* getting you a tax file number

* free internet

* holding your mail before you even get to Australia

* AND looking for jobs and accommodation for you!!!

I still wish they had existed or I would have known about them when I first came to Australia!

Get your questions answered on free live chat: In the top right hand corner of Visa First web pages is a little box for 'live chat' where you can ask any question about your situation and any visa to Australia, including working visas, and get immediate answers for free from a customer service representative.

Are you from overseas and have been studying or working in Australia?

Are you from overseas and have been studying or working in Australia?

Share your story!!!

There are other people who are looking into doing the same and want to read YOUR story!!!

Tell us where you studied or worked and what you enjoyed. Or if there was anything you didn't enjoy.

You will create YOUR own page on Gondwananet!

Make it nice - you can also submit up to four photos :-)

[ ? ]

Upload 1-4 Pictures or Graphics (optional)[ ? ]


Click here to upload more images (optional)

Author Information (optional)

To receive credit as the author, enter your information below.

(first or full name)

(e.g., City, State, Country)

Submit Your Contribution

  •  submission guidelines.

(You can preview and edit on the next page)

You Are Secure!

Bookmark and Share

[?] Subscribe To This Site

follow us in feedly
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to My MSN
Subscribe with Bloglines